SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. We use Mailchimp and Shopify where we give you the option to opt in or input your email to subscribe to our newsletters.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
PO Box 9872 Leicester GB LE5 9FX
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here. For Payments we use Paypal and Sagepay who are the payment gateways, who do not show payment information they may only store your address or billing details that you provide at the time of purchase to make sure no illegal activity and fraud prevention.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Google and other social media analytics:
Our store uses Google and Social media Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from wheren
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[PO Box 9872 Leicester GB LE5 9FX
Your Privacy Is Important To Us
At Pearl Daisy Ltd we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
- The information we collect when you place your orders on the Pearl Daisy Ltd site or when you use our site.
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- How long we keep your information and how it is stored
- Our approach to sensitive personal information
- What options you have to control your information
- The rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- How we communicate changes to this Policy
Please contact our Customer Services team if you would like to discuss this with us or have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
This Site is run by Pearl Daisy Ltd, using Shopify Cart For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (as amended or superseded) Pearl Daisy Ltd is the “controller” of the personal information collected through the Site, or via email, We do not take information over the phone.
"By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency."
How do we collect information from you?
- Information we collect when you visit our Site
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- Create an account on our Site
- Place an order through our Site
- Fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave information for reward schemes
- Subscribe to our mailing list
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
- We record details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc
- We record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available
- Information we collect in our stores
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, as follows:
Name & Address, contact telephone & email details. Order details. Delivery Address. Billing Address.
The minimum information that we need from you so that you can receive our products are as above. Without these details we will be unable to fulfil your order. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes, as this will have an impact on being able to fulfil the order wholly.
We will collect personal information that you provide to us in our stores when you:
- Ask us to provide you with an electronic receipt
- Subscribe to our mailing list (these get sent through mailchimp.com which Pearl Daisy Ltd control the data)
- Enter a competition or respond to a survey
- Information we collect when you contact us
When you contact us via email or social media, we don’t collect or store any information that you provide us as we would already have it on our system based on your purchase.
- Information we collect if you apply for a job with us
You may be able to apply for a job with us through our Site, in-store or through third party websites such as LinkedIn. The personal information we collect about you may include your name, contact details, employment history, and any information set out in your CV.
How we use your information
We will use your information in the following ways:
- For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- Provide you with an account on our Site, if you choose to sign up for one;
- Fulfilment of any order that you place with us
- Collect payment from you using Sagepay or Paypal only which are completely safe
- Provide you with a receipt; if you ask us to send this to you electronically, you would get one automatically when you make a purchase.
- The subscription email will be routed from Pearl Daisy Ltd Shopify cart to mailchimp to send email out to subscribers controlled by Pearl Daisy Ltd employees.
- Protecting and defending our legal rights and interests.
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- Administer and monitor our site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to;
- Analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services;
- Administer competitions that you have entered;
- Review and assess any job application that you submit to us.
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- We will process details of your previous transactions and we may contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to merchandise you have purchased (however we never store your payment details);
- You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you.
- If you want to change the details that you have registered online with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, please contact our Customer Service team
How we share your information
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, S Loyalty for Reward schemes, Sagepay and Paypal for for collecting and processing payments securely. Royal Mail or Fedex who assist us with fulfilling deliveries, Shopify who provide fraud detection services and credit risk reduction checks, and the third parties we engage to provide IT systems support.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
- In the event that you add items to your basket but do not complete a transaction, our abandon basket partner will automatically send you an e-mail to remind you that there are items in your basket.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with trusted non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising.
Sending orders out
We have taken measures to remove any billing or shipping and email address from our invoices to prevent any address data mistakenly sent to another customer or the information being given to strangers.